The Hamutuk mobile app supports collective action to improve nutrition outcomes.
It’s designed to facilitate interactions between organisations and community members; amplify social and behaviour change messages; monitor progress; collect relevant data; and aid collaboration between and within partner organisations.
The app is available for and used by partners in Timor-Leste. It includes:
- Hamutuk’s shared calendar, which enables organisations to self-report events, which enables partners to coordinate and allows the government to monitor nutrition activities
- The Hamutuk chat, which supports communication between partners and within organisational head offices and field offices
- The Hamutuk resource library, which aggregates nutrition and health resources shared by partners from across Timor-Leste
- A ‘visits’ feature, which incorporates videos, information cards and other sector-specific social and behaviour change communication (SBCC) content for partners to share with community members, and
- Forms for reporting results, including event attendees and household information, so partners can measure progress.
The majority of the app’s features are synced with the online platform and function both online and offline, making it usable by field-based partners with limited internet connectivity or organisational resources.